Sunday, August 18, 2013

Kyrgyzstan 1 - USA 0...New Dimensions discovered!

In my efforts to alleviate my own and others fears about my son's safety and possible boredom here in Bishkek, I present to you our malls.  Specifically, the top floors of our nicer malls, which all seem to contain some sort of play space for kids.  At least this is true of Beta Stores and Detsky Mir.  On the top floor of Detsky Mir is a carousel and an arcade.  The arcade contains some awesome games like this one...
Presumably, you pay about 30 soums (60 cents) to pretend to be a Mom that cooks?  Interesting.
In this same place, called Detsky Mir, we also discovered the 5th dimension.  Well, we found where they were keeping it, harnessing it, or whatever.  Now, my Russian is not good, so I can't completely describe what the 5th dimension is, but it looks like this...
Imagine my surprise, later in the day, when we took our son to the local amusement park at Panfilova Park, to discover that they had uncovered EVEN MORE DIMENSIONS!!!
In order of escalating Physics Absurdity...
Wait...there's more!!!
We can't possibly top that...can we???
Thankfully, the madness stopped at 10 dimensions.  For now at least.
And yes, I realize that there may be
1.  An issue of translation
2.  More dimensions lurking
3.  Some other thing, like amount of speakers, range of movement of the seats etc. that these numbers are describing...BUT
I prefer to see it my way, which is, to embrace my reality, my krazystan.

No comments:

Post a Comment